Nola VFW Post 8973 was founded by World War II and Korean War Veterans who lived in the Uptown and Irish Channel Neighborhoods of New Orleans. Named after Alfred E. Flynn, a WWII soldier from the Irish Channel who was killed at the Battle of Luzon in the Philippines. Alfred’s brother, John “Fump” Flynn was an original member of our Post. With the renovation of the Post we are creating a commemorative brick walk in the sidewalk area surrounding the Post building. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the work of the Post and become a lasting part of the community.
- Brick size: 4" X 8"
- All brick purchases include an acknowledgement letter and a certificate.
- Each brick can have three lines of text with 18 characters per line.
- Please allow one space between words.
- Spaces and punctuation count as characters.
- Text on bricks will be centered in capital letters.
- Brick purchases are separate from VFW Membership.